4 L tomato pulp
4 cups sugar
½ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp pepper powder
½ tsp cloves powder
½ tsp paprika
½ cup fresh onions
2 cups vinegar (4.5% acidity)
2 tsp sodium benzoate (optional)
3 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup water
measuring cups and spoons
sterilized glass jars with new caps
1. Select and wash ripe fleshy red tomatoes.
2. Blanch tomatoes for 30 seconds, transfer into cold water, peel and cut into halves (crosswise).
3. Remove the seeds and chop the pulp into small pieces. Strain the remaining seeds thru a fine mesh screen.
4. Mix the juice with the pulp.
5. To every 4 liters of pulp, add the above ingredients (except for vinegar and sodium benzoate) and blend.
6. Place the mixture into a kettle and cook over low flame, stirring constantly to avoid scorching, until the right consistency for catsup is reached. Add vinegar and sodium benzoate (optional) until nearly cooked. Add cornstarch previously dissolved in water.
7. Pour while hot in sterilized bottles.
8. Seal and cool. Label.
Here is a video guide:
Source: DOST, picture from:canningusa.com
Siomai or Shumai are dumplings served in dim sum. The most common are pork siomai; there is also beef siomai, shrimp siomai, and combi...
RAW MATERIALS : fresh fish - any of the following species: kalaso, dalagang bukid, labahita, shark, bidbid, torsillo and bisugo Ingredients:...
I actually read a few blogs a day, and there are many that I can recommend. For this site, I want to repost Moks entry in his blog bec...