I have just recently tasted a cassava cake in a fiesta that is so good; I decided to make a post here how to make cassava cake, although there is already a post here how to do it, but I posted it years ago, so this one is probably a different cassava cake recipe. The crust on top of the cassava cake that I tasted and looking yummy was a combined coconut meat and cheese that was baked brownish and a bit crunchy. Usually cassava are made of grated cassava, eggs, coconut milk and sugar - but the one I tasted included cheese and coconut meat or flour, similar to coconut macaroons.
Here is a guide how to make a traditional cassava cake. Probably just add the grated coconut and cheese as toppings.
Ingredients for a cassava cake:
1 3/4 c cassava flour
1/4 c mongo flour
1 c sugar
1 c diluted milk
2 pcs egg (yolk and white beaten separately)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c margarine
Procedure how to cook the cassava cake:
1. Sift together the measured baking powder and cassava flour.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream margarine until smooth. Add sugar gradually and mix well.
3. Alternately add egg yolk, dry ingredients and milk. Mix thoroughly in one direction until well blended.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peak is form.
5. Fold in the mixture to the beaten egg white.
6. Pour the mixture in an ungreased baking pan.
7. Bake at 307 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
9. Cassava butter cake ready for consumption. Below are videos of two different versions of how to cook cassava cake.
This is one is from Panlasangpinoy and in Filipino Version:
This one is another good video guide version from dorllymultiply :
Watch and enjoy. Goodluck with your cooking of cassava cake.