Here's how it is done:
- 1 cup toasted coconut residue or sapal
- 1 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 pc egg, well beaten
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Cream the shortening and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, then stir in the milk.
- Add sapal.
- Sift the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder together into the sapal mixture. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful into a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a moderate oven 375°F until brown, about 15 minutes.