350 g washed, minced fish meat
5 tbsps. chopped garlic
150 g minced squid meat
1 tsp MSG
1 1/2 c cornstarch
1/4 tsp. baking soda
4 tbsps. Refined sugar
1 1/2 tsp. binder
2 tbsps. salt`
1. Fillet fish, remove skin. Wash fillet and minced fish meat.
2. Meanwhile wash squid thoroughly. Pull out head. Remove skin of the mantle and wings. Wash. Cut into cubes and minced or grind.
3. Mix fish meat with salt until sticky. Add other ingredients except cornstarch and binder.
4. Melt binder in iced water and alternately add to the mixture. Mix the minced squid meat.
5. Form into balls and set in lukewarm water for 20 minutes. drain.
6. Cook squid balls in shimmering water for 30 minutes.
7. Drain and cool the finished product.
8. Store in freezer.
Source: da.bfar.gov.ph, photo courtesy www.khiewchanta.com and www.newth.net
Siomai or Shumai are dumplings served in dim sum. The most common are pork siomai; there is also beef siomai, shrimp siomai, and combi...
RAW MATERIALS : fresh fish - any of the following species: kalaso, dalagang bukid, labahita, shark, bidbid, torsillo and bisugo Ingredients:...
I actually read a few blogs a day, and there are many that I can recommend. For this site, I want to repost Moks entry in his blog bec...