shelled peanuts - 1/2 cup
baking soda - 1/2 tsp.
white sugar - 1 cup
margarine - 1 tbsp.
1. Roast the peanut in frying pan or in an oven at 99oC (210 F) for 20 minutes.
2. Heat the sugar until melted and golden brown. Add baking soda, margarine and peanuts, with continuous stirring.
3. Grease kneading board with margarine and spread the cooked mixture. Cover with banana leaves and flatten with rolling pin or long-neck bottle.
4. Cut the peanut brittle into desired size while still hot.
5. Cool and pack in sterilized jar or plastic bag (.003 PP/PE).
shelled peanuts - 2 kg
sugar - 1/4 to 1/2 kg
refined salt - 1/2 tsp.
vegetable oil/corn oil - 1/2 cup
glass or plastic jars with new caps
measuring cups and spoons
1. Roast peanuts in frying pan. Stir constantly to avoid scorching.
3. Remove skins. Clean peanuts by using a winower.
4. Grind peanuts in a cocoa or coffee grinder with sugar, salt and vegetable oil.
5. Pack in previously sterilized preserving jars.
6. Seal tightly. Store.
PASTILLAS DE MANI
shelled peanuts - 1 and 1/2 kg
condensed milk - 4 cans
evaporated milk - 1 can
1. Roast the peanuts in frying pan stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
2. Remove skin, then grind in corn mill.
3. Add the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Cook very slowly until the mixture thickens.
5. Sprinkle sugar on a board and spread the mixture with a rolling pin.
6. Cut into pieces of 3.8 cm (1 and 1/2 in.) by 1.3 cm (1/2 in.) size or desired size and shape.
7. Wrap in wax paper.
Source: dost.gov.ph, photo from riverstreetsweets.com
Siomai or Shumai are dumplings served in dim sum. The most common are pork siomai; there is also beef siomai, shrimp siomai, and combi...
RAW MATERIALS : fresh fish - any of the following species: kalaso, dalagang bukid, labahita, shark, bidbid, torsillo and bisugo Ingredients:...
I actually read a few blogs a day, and there are many that I can recommend. For this site, I want to repost Moks entry in his blog bec...