1. Wash and peel the squash, remove the core and seeds.
2. Slice into 1 x cm.
3. Soak in 0.01% sodium metabisulfite to preserve the natural food nutrients.
4. Wash in tap water, drain.
5. Blanch for 15 minutes, drain.
6. Dry in an oven at about 50-55 C.
7. Grind and strain several times. Pack in plastic bags and cover tightly.
1. Wash the core and peelings, add three parts water for every part of the core and peelings.
2. Boil for 15 minutes. 3. Strain. Add 1 1/4 cup sugar for every 4 cups of liquid mixture.
3. Roll again for 20 minutes. Transfer into a container, add 1 tsp. yeast.
4. Allow to ferment for 7 days until it reaches an alcohol content of 8%.
5. Decant the alcohol solution slowly so as to separate the precipitate from the alcohol solution.
6. Add 1 cup vinegar starter for every 4 cups of the alcoholic solution.
7. Allow to ferment for 15-20 days. Acidity of the solution is 6-7% as compared to commercial brands of 4%.
Source: ITDI (DOST); photo from photo.net
Siomai or Shumai are dumplings served in dim sum. The most common are pork siomai; there is also beef siomai, shrimp siomai, and combi...
RAW MATERIALS : fresh fish - any of the following species: kalaso, dalagang bukid, labahita, shark, bidbid, torsillo and bisugo Ingredients:...
I actually read a few blogs a day, and there are many that I can recommend. For this site, I want to repost Moks entry in his blog bec...