1 kg tomatoes
1 tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
sodium benzoate (optional)
sterilized glass jars with PVC caps
1. Sort and wash ripe, fleshly red tomatoes.
2. Blanch for 30 seconds and immediately dip in cold water. Remove skin and cut into halves (crosswise).
3. Strain the seeds through fine mesh stainless steel strainer.
4. Discard the seeds. Osterize and/or cut the pulp into small pieces.
5. Mix the juice and pulp. Cook the mixture to soften the pulp by boiling for 10-15 minutes with occasional stirring.
6. Strain and measure the puree.
7. Add 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp sugar to every cup of tomato puree.
8. Transfer the strained puree into a casserole and cook over a low flame for 15 minutes.
9. Continue cooking with occasional stirring until a pasty consistency is reached. Add cornstarch previously dissolved in water (if desired).
10. Fill while hot (80oC) in sterilized bottle. Seal.
11. Pasteurize in boiling water bath for 35 minutes.
12. Cool and store.
Source: DOST, picture from:windowbox.com
Posted by PN T
Siomai or Shumai are dumplings served in dim sum. The most common are pork siomai; there is also beef siomai, shrimp siomai, and combi...
RAW MATERIALS : fresh fish - any of the following species: kalaso, dalagang bukid, labahita, shark, bidbid, torsillo and bisugo Ingredients:...
I actually read a few blogs a day, and there are many that I can recommend. For this site, I want to repost Moks entry in his blog bec...